- as it is written:
“None is righteous, no, not one;
- no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
- All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”
- “Their throat is an open grave;
they use their tongues to deceive.”
“The venom of asps is under their lips.”
- “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
- “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
- in their paths are ruin and misery,
- and the way of peace they have not known.”
- “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
- In the pride of his face the wicked does not seek him;
all his thoughts are, “There is no God.”
- Because I have called and you refused to listen,
have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded,
- because you have ignored all my counsel
and would have none of my reproof,
- I also will laugh at your calamity;
I will mock when terror strikes you,
- when terror strikes you like a storm
and your calamity comes like a whirlwind,
when distress and anguish come upon you.
- Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer;
they will seek me diligently but will not find me.
- “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,‘ will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
- On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name,
and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
- And then will I declare to them,
‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
- Let sinners be consumed from the earth,
and let the wicked be no more!